Monday, October 12, 2009

Bittersweet Sunday

Yesterday, Zac and I went to Birmingham to see Heather, Gary, Piper, Rosemary, and Henry. We had a wonderful time!! Wish we had brought Laramy, but she is doing some kind of pre-teething. Her fuse is very short!! Thank the Lord for those teething tablets, and Heather for picking them up for us. Heather and I went through some of Piper and Rosemary's wardrobe picking out the things that they had outgrown. Heather sent home so many cute clothes, and honestly I don't know if Laramy will be able to wear it all. But she insisted that we try, and we are very grateful that she let us use them. :O) However, there was a moment during all of this that she realized that her babies are growing up. Bless her heart! I understand even more that motherhood is profoundly bittersweet. While we all want our children to grow up to become self-sufficient productive individuals, we don't want them to grow up so quickly. It would be great just to freeze time and enjoy them being little for a while longer. Today as I go through Laramy's closet and retire certain articles of clothing that she has "outgrown," I am reminded that I need to breath in all of her littleness. Soon enough, she will not need me to hold her tiny little hand and rock her to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment