Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Where's Willie????

Today Zac and I had the luxury of having my mom come over and watch Laramy for the entire day while we went out. This is not a usual accommodation, and we very much needed a break from our teething sweetie. The day was filled with lots of shopping and just talking and spending time with each other. We had planned to grill out for supper and enjoy the rest of the evening sitting in the warmth of our home and cuddle with Laramy. STOP! Oh no! Zac lets Willie out to play with the big dogs, and he runs away. Willie is my dog. For me to say that I am attached to this little bundle of fur is a huge understatement. He is special to me, largely because Zac got him for me while we were engaged. So, when I find out that my husband scolded Willie for getting into a mud puddle, and Will runs off. I try to remain calm. Yes, calm. I think okay maybe he will come home when I call him. Nope. He is severely gone. So, my husband sensing my distress and anger starts the search party for Willie. Even Gary (my father-in-law)gets in on the search. It lasted forever! We live on a very busy road close to some very busy intersections; so, I am freaking out thinking that my beloved dog is a greasy spot on the blacktop. He is nowhere to be found.


Gary is searching the field and pasture behind our house, while Zac drives down the road to check the big dog pens, and I am calling for him. Well Zac finds him at the Border Collies' pen. Zac tries to get him to come to him and load up in the truck, but Willie runs. Runs out into the road, runs down it, and runs into the local Nursery all during 5pm rush hour traffic. Willie nearly gets run over and so does Zac. Zac is in the truck following the speedy little fugitive down the road. I guess its a good thing that Willie isn't exactly in tip top track form because he finally gave up at the Nursery and got in the truck with his daddy. Finally, Zac pulls in the drive and my heart is racing. Does he have Willie and is he okay? He turns on the cab lights and points to Willie all muddy and wet riding shotgun. I am relieved, excited, and pissed. Yeah pissed is another understatement. Husband sensing my anger is more than helpful about toting the nasty dog upstairs and gingerly placing him in the bath. Anyway, I forgave Zac after I saw how worried he really was about Willie. LOL. Lots of excitement. Guess it will be a while before Willie gets to run with the big dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment