Friday, February 12, 2010

Sick again!!

Well my sweet little girl is sick again!! Laramy was diagnosed with a double ear infection last Thursday . Thankfully she does not have RSV! We have been very concerned about the fluid that has been leaking from her ears. We have made four doctors office visits in the last eight days, which resulted in 10 days of antibiotics, 7 days of antibiotic/anti-inflammatory ear drops, and a decongestant combo. As a retired nurse friend of mine put it, "Sounds like an ENT in our future." But, Today was much better than any day since last Thursday; so, I am hoping that finally we might have a hold on all this inner ear trouble. My poor little baby has been so sick. It has been ruff on all of us. The only way she has been able to get situated is by propping up on a pillow to sleep. Because we are afraid she might roll over in her sleep if propped up in her crib; she has been bunking in the bed with us for the last few days. I can't sleep sound with her in our bed. We have been putting her in her crib, but she winds up in ours. Tonight she woke up screaming and I just took that pillow and put it in her crib and propped her up. I wanted to see if it was me or the pillow she wanted. She wants the dern pillow!!! On one hand this is great, but on the other it is not. I can't leave a 7 month old unattended on a pillow. And yes we already have a crib wedge installed!! She quit screeming went back to sleep without a hitch once I propped her up on that pillow. Now I must take away her pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment